ABOUT THE PROMISE
What is the POST Promise, and why is it important?
The POST Promise is a national effort to help raise and restore consumer confidence. Participating businesses voluntarily commit to following the steps needed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. There is no cost to make the POST Promise and it was specifically designed to complement what businesses are already doing. The POST Promise signifies a commitment to implement and practice the five key steps to workplace safety, helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Communicating participation informs customers, and the employees of a business, that the business is taking part in a collective solution designed to help Canadians confidently and safely shop and work in local businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What steps are being implemented as part of the program?
The five key steps to workplace safety:
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Keeping a distance of at least 2 meters is the recommended distance.
- Stay home if unwell
- Self monitor for symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing
- Wear a face covering when required.
- Wear a face covering when mandated or when safe physical distancing isn’t possible within your place of work, and consistently practice respiratory etiquette. Examples of respiratory etiquette include; cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm or use tissues and dispose of them safely.
- Clean and disinfect regularly
- Wash and sanitize hands
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds
How do businesses participate in the POST Promise?
Through www.postpromise.com businesses learn about the five key steps to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and voluntarily commit to implementing them in their business. Once completed, a business is provided with the communication and implementation tools needed to educate employees and make customers aware of the commitment that has been made.
Is the POST Promise a certification?
The Post Promise is NOT a “certification” or “approval” from any regulatory body. All businesses are still required to follow the laws and recommended guidelines from their local public health office and government bodies.
It is for the common good
The POST Promise brings together all businesses across industries to implement a common approach to help keep Canadians safe during the pandemic. When people see the POST Promise logo, they can have confidence that that business is doing what it can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The more businesses and workplaces that adopt the use of the POST Promise logo, the more recognizable it will become to the general public, thus increasing consumer confidence.