Hosting District Games
- The EODSA grants annual blanket approval for all exhibition games played between EODSA teams within the EODSA's boundaries. As a result, any two teams that are registered members of the EODSA can arrange for a sanctioned exhibition game between themselves. All players participating in the game must be registered.
- An exhibition game is a game arranged between two teams of registered players, which is neither a scheduled league game, play-off game, cup game, tournament game or festival game. An exhibition game may also include one team of registered players playing against:
- a college team, providing that the OSA has an adequate written agreement with the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association regarding the liability pertaining to the college team's participants;
- an university team. providing that the OSA has an adequate written agreement with the Ontario University Athletics regarding the liability pertaining to the university team's participants; and
- a team operated by an OSA-Recognized Non-Club Academy.
- In order for any such exhibition games to be considered sanctioned and thus eligible for insurance coverage, team officials are required to advise their club of the game details. Clubs are required to maintain a list of all intra-district exhibition games in which its teams compete in case there are any insurance inquiries.
EODSA Exhibition Game Process
EODSA Exhibition Game Sheet
Hosting Inter-District/ Inter-Provincial Games/North-American/ International
- For Exhibition games hosted or involving teams not registered with the EODSA District (including University/College teams), please fill out the following AHEG (application to host an exhibition game) and submit online to the OSA and the EODSA. E-mail the EODSA with the AHEG# for approval.
- You must ensure the team travelling from out of District or out of Province provides you with a copy of their approved Travel Permit.
- Ensure the Exhibition Game Sheet is completed and submitted back to the EODSA office.
Application Fees (Exhibition Game)
|Exhibition Games within Ontario between Ontario teams
|Hosted outside Ontario or with Teams from within Canada & USA
|Team from outside Canada (excluding USA)
|Application to Travel (Exhibition Game)
|within Canada & USA
|outside Canada & USA
Traveling To An Out of District Exhibition Game
Any team wishing to participate in an exhibition game outside the jurisdiction of the EODSA must submit an Application To Travel Form signed by their club with proof that the game has been sanctioned by the Clubs District along with appropriate fee (see above)
As these applications require District and sometimes O.S.A. and C.S.A. approval, please pay attention to the deadlines for submission of the A.T.F.'s which are printed on the reverse side of the forms. Please note that travel outside Canada and the United States requires 60 days not 45 which is printed on the form
A team is covered by insurance through the OSA insurance policy for travel within Canada only. You may wish to purchase additional insurance (PDF document) for travel to Provinces a great distance from Ontario such as B.C. and the Maritime Provinces